Psychosis Research Unit (PRU) Service User Reference Group, GMW Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Group type: 3. Institution or initiative-specific
Named contact: Liz Pitt
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0161 772 4642 (Ann Parkes, PRU Administrator)
Psychosis Research Unit
c/o Greater Manchester West Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust
Bury New Road
Manchester M25 3BL
Remit of the group
The PRU SURG aims to act as a consultative body for PRU SURG researchers having input into the design of research projects from the start.
All members have personal experience of psychosis and using services. Not all members come from a research background but an interest in mental health research is an essential requirement for the role.
Membership of PRU SURG involves :
- receiving and commenting on reports on the progress of the research projects within PRU
- responding to requests for consultation and involvement from individual researchers within PRU
- feeding into the process of prioritising research within PRU
- having input into the ideas and design of new research being conducted within PRU
- agreeing the Service User Involvement plans for research conducted within PRU
- taking a pro-active role in raising issues of concern to service users in relation to research within PRU
- being involved in disseminating the importance, value and experience of Service User Involvement in research
- being involved in the recruitment of staff for PRU
- participating in an annual collaborative review of PRU SURG.
Frequency of meetings
Bi-monthly at the University of Manchester.
Who can consult the group?
Only Researchers within the Psychosis Research Group can consult the group.
SURG Review from informal interviews with individual members
More about the group (optional)