North West People in Research Forum
Group type: 1. Open consultative
Named contact: Carolyn Gamble
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0161 242 1342
NHS R&D, North West People in Research Forum
Regus, 82 King Street
Remit of the group
The North West People in Research Forum supports public involvement and engagement in health and social care research in the North West of England by:
- supporting members of the public who are, or wish to become, involved as partners in research
- supporting researchers to involve and engage the public in all stages of research
- forming links between the public and researchers
- sharing information about how to involve and engage the public in research through:
- the NWPiR Forum’s website, newsletters and social media
- publicising and developing training for researchers and the public
- hosting and co-hosting events
- collecting and publicising examples of good practice
- developing a network of expertise in public involvement and engagement in research.
Individual and organisational membership is free. You can become a member via the website (www.northwestpeopleinresearchforum.org/membership) or by contacting us directly (email@example.com).
Frequency of meetings
The Executive Committee meets quarterly. The Working Group meets every 8 weeks.
Who can consult the group?
Anyone living or working in the North West of England interested in finding out about public involvement and engagement in research, relevant events and opportunities to get actively involved in research. Researchers or organisations who wish to promote opportunities to get actively involved in research which are open to people living in the North West.
Information about NWPiRF is available through its website:
Information about NWPiRF events, including reports, are available at:
Inclusive research for better social care (June 2014):
The Value of Working Together in Health Research (Dec 2013)
The role and value of patient and public involvement and engagement in research (May 2012)
More about the group (optional)
We have a twitter account – @nwpirf