CORE Study service user and carer working groups
Group type: 3. Institution or initiative-specific
Named contact: David Hindle, CORE Study Public Involvement Coordinator; Brynmor Lloyd-Evans, CORE Programme Manager
Telephone: 020 7679 9428
Division of Psychiatry UCL
Charles Bell House
67-73 Riding House Street
Remit of the group
To support and advise in all aspects of the CORE programme, an NIHR-funded programme grant looking at optimising Crisis Resolution Teams, providing expertise through experience.
Frequency of meetings
About 4 per year
Who can consult the group?
The group meets and members are paid to support work on the CORE Study exclusively. But other opportunities for paid involvement could be circulated to group members, many of whom are also involved in other projects.
Jacqui Lynskey (University College London): Experience of peer support trial – PSWs’ report; and, David Hindle (Camden and Islington NHS Trust): Public Involvement on CORE (ppt) www.ucl.ac.uk/core-study/publications
More about the group (optional)
Working group members have contributed to:
- design of topic guides and participant information sheets
- data collection (conducting interviews and focus groups)
- qualitative data analysis
- one-day audits of Crisis Resolution Teams, as peer-researcher members of a 3-person reviewing team
- developing an online service improvement pack for Crisis Resolution Teams
- future opportunities for writing up and disseminating study findings to follow.