NIHR Research Design Service (RDS) East Midlands, PPI Group
Group type: 3. Institution or initiative-specific
Named contact: Raksha Pandya-Wood, Regional Lead in User Involvement in Research
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0116 2525412
NIHR Research Design Service East Midlands
Department of Health Sciences
College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology
University of Leicester,
22-28 Princess Road West,
Remit of the group
The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funded Research Design Service (RDS) for the East Midlands (RDS EM) is one of 10 regional services across England providing design and methodological support to health researchers who are developing research funding applications.
RDS EM supports research teams to develop and submit high quality applied health and social care grant applications to NIHR and other national peer-reviewed funding programmes.
RDS offers researchers:
- financial support via the patient and public involvement (PPI) in research development awards
- advice and support for researchers from a PPI expert
- PPI workshops that teach researchers how to do PPI in research design
- information on relevant groups and networks locally and nationally
- PPI support from the RDS team via a scientific committee which mimics national funding panels
- a lay person reviewer service.
The RDS East Midlands covers the following areas: Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Rutland, Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire.
Frequency of meetings
Weekly (for staff only)
The lay person group meets on an ad hoc basis. Reviews are generally done remotely.
Who can consult the group?
We provide free advice on research design to researchers in the East Midlands who are developing proposals for open, national, peer-reviewed funding competitions for applied health or social care research.
More about the group (optional)