The McPin Foundation’s commitment to capacity building is based on our belief that the quality of mental health research and services can be significantly improved by the insight and participation of people affected by mental health problems.
We can build capacity among individuals, projects and organisations by:
- providing tailored mentoring, training and advice on the philosophy of, and applications, skills and innovations in user focused research;
- recruiting and training peer researchers in appropriate research techniques;
- leading, participating in and sharing information about relevant conferences and events;
- producing, contributing to and sharing information about relevant publications.
- linking up expertise and signposting to others working in this field who can also provide assistance and advice.