Introducing the McPin Foundation and our work
The McPin Foundation’s work is inspired by our vision of a mental health system in which research and services are shaped by the lived experience of people affected by mental health problems.
Our expert team works with clients and partners, and with other researchers, to deliver high quality services which lead the way in putting the experience of people affected by mental health problems at the heart of the research process. We provide:
- Research: robust, innovative health and social care research, with specialist skills in peer research.
- Consultancy: strategic guidance and expertise to bring service user and family perspectives to the heart of the research process.
- Capacity building: insight, guidance, networking, training and best practice in user focused research.
- Influencing: ensuring that the views and voices of people affected by mental health problems become an intrinsic part of the research agenda.
- Hosting: umbrella services to enable individuals and organisations to deliver their agenda for mental health without having to set up a charity of their own.